Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Canada's Big Pissing Game: Ring Ring!

Ever think your paying to much for your telephone, cellphone, internet and TV?

Well, you are. Sorry to put it blunt, but if your Canadian, residing in Canada and registered for a service involving some form of telecommunications, you are most likely being charged at a premium, while receiving so-so at best service.I understand that this may come across as common knowledge, since many people have felt the pain of their monthly bill from one of the big three or the smaller guys who are run by the big three. Rogers, Bell and Telus own your cell phone, while Rogers and Bell also own everything else.

I had to write something about this, because recently I was hired on a full time basis to work on behalf of one of the big three. Now, I won't say who, but the job market is so incredibly crappy right now, that I had to take a job slugging away and keeping people content with higher prices and a lack of good service just to keep food on the table.

Oh, how I wait for the day, when blogging about politicians and the political direction of our country will afford me the luxuries of life, but then realize that I wouldn't be acting in good faith if I accepted money for this kind of stuff.

Anyways, back to why this current pissing contest made me want to write about. I am honestly going mad with how much I dislike my job and although I should be happy that I am earning an income, I feel empty inside every time I walk into my office and begin to work.

My current employer essentially works on behalf of a distinguished Canadian telecommunications company and is essentially contracted out to provide customer service for them. Everything we do is monitored to the very second and all of our conversations used against us in either praise or pain. We are trained from the beginning to essentially lie to our customers until they are so pissed off that they want to quit in order to gain a discount or some form of reduction in price for their services.

It is no surprise that Canada lags (heh...lags, internet, ok) behind other countries in terms of our online capabilities and the connectivity we receive from the big three. We pay the most and receive some of the worst service.

The Chinese receive faster and more affordable internet service than we do, THE CHINESE! Sure, it is monitored and "modified", but if you look how the Canadian system is set up, we aren't very different, only that we are given more freedom in the content we display and pay much more for much less.

Another main reason I decided to write about this topic was simply that I need your help. I honestly, need the help of the blogging community etc to assist me in surviving this experience or do something to change it. I mean, I thought of contacting my local MPP/MP, however their powers are limited since all changes must go through the CRTC and unfortunately the CRTC is run by the big three!!

That's right, put all paranoia and rumors aside, the CRTC, which is supposed to protect us, is actually lobbied to death and essentially working for the big three to not only modify legislation and create a lax in the system, but also keep the actual competition at bay and barely living. The best example to support this would be Wind, came into the market to make a difference and make some money, all the while give Canadians some relief at the phones, ends up being put up for sale due to a slew of reasons, when in reality...Rogers, Bell and Telus essentially bullied it to death.

The only way it appears to be able to properly stop the big three from continuing their dominance over us, would be to initiate some form of class action law suit and take them head on for essentially maintaining a monopoly or more accurately an oligopoly.

Take caution with the next phone call you make and oh wait...I am using the internet to post this...shoot...probably being watched...great, now my bill is going to mysteriously increase next month....

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment